Road Work Ahead! Killeen, Texas Road Work To Close Roads This Week
Depending on where your morning and evening commute takes you in Killeen, Texas, there are some new road projects starting up you may need to avoid.
Killeen, Texas Road Closures
According to a press release from the City of Killeen's Public Works Transportation Division, several roads will begin closures on Monday, April 11 with work being done each weekday through Friday, April 15. Lane shifts and closures start each weekday morning at 7am and are expected to reopen at 7pm.
Roads will be open only to local / residing residents during this time period.
Road Work Ahead
Here are the roads that will be closed during the repaving process.
- Valley Road from W. Rancier Avenue to Garth Drive
- South 2nd Street from Veterans Memorial Boulevard (Business 190) to E. Hallmark Avenue
- North 38th Street from Lake Road to Westcliff Road
- Sprott Avenue from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- West Green Avenue from North College to North 2nd Street
- East Green Avenue from North 4th Street to North 10th Street
- Church Avenue from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- Avenue A from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- Avenue B from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- Avenue C from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- Avenue D from Root Avenue to North 10th Street
- College from RR Tracks to W. Young Avenue
- North Park Street from West Dean Avenue to Dead End
- North 2nd Street from RR Tracks to West Rancier Avenue
- North 4th Street from RR Tracks to East Rancier Avenue
- North Gray Street from RR Tracks to East Rancier Avenue
There will be a series of traffic control devices in place to guide motor vehicles around the work zone and closure. Motorists are encouraged to use caution, obey traffic control devices, and consider an alternate route during street maintenance.
Any questions or concerns you may have about the work can be answered by calling the City of Killeen Transportation office at (254) 616-3153 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Zone Awareness Week
Work Zone Awareness Week starts on Monday, April 11 and TxDOT is reminding drivers to slow down in and follow proper safety protocols when driving through a work zone.
2021 was the second most deadliest year on Texas roads, with almost 4,500 deaths reported. Let's put an end to that. There were 250 deaths in Texas road work zones last year, a 33 percent increase from 2020.
Let's slow down in work zones and #endthestreak.