Most Hated Household Insects
Pests are annoying because of their creepy nature and the harmful risks they impose on us. Homeowners deal with this pest problem and end up frustrated since they cannot get rid of it, and it is a recurring issue that haunts them. Let's review why we hate these pests so much!
People often describe cockroaches as filthy and disgusting pests that crawl around dirty areas, such as trash bins or sinks with overnight dirty dishes. What else makes you hate them?
- Cockroaches are known to transmit Salmonella, just like rodents. In our minds, cockroaches are synonymous with food contamination and poisoning, and the home's cleanliness is linked to cockroaches' existence.
- Since they glide from top to bottom surfaces, they can be mistaken for flying, which makes smacking these pests more difficult.
Bed bugs are small, flat, and hard to detect by human eyes. Below are the other reasons why you hate them?
- Since bed bugs are active at night and bite us when we are asleep, their bites are not painful.
- In the home, bed bugs mate, breed, and multiply. They can survive in cold temperatures and are excellent hiders!
In the great state of Texas, it is not impossible to always get bitten by mosquitoes at home daily, believe it or not. However, mosquito bites should not be underestimated. Mosquitoes transmit deadly diseases such as Zika and Dengue and are known as the deadliest and smallest animals in the world. What else makes you hate them?
- Due to their flying nature and all possible entry points into our homes, mosquitoes are not just a problem outdoors.
- In Texas, where the weather is hot and humid, the peak mosquito activity generally occurs in the summertime when high temperatures accelerate mosquito reproduction.
Is it your habit to squash and kill any ants that come close to you? Only to realize there are too many ants pressing one after another. What other reasons do we have to hate them?
- We are ambushed by long-tailed ants that scatter everywhere. Unfortunately, some people rely on short-term DIY methods to stop ant troops from walking in line, which is only a temporary solution.
- Ant colonies can be difficult to control once they roam inside your home because ants have strong survival instincts.
Around this time of the year, these insects will definitely try to visit your home.