Thank You, God! At Last Killeen Texas Curbside Pick-Up Is Off Suspension
For all my people living in Killeen, Texas, I am very excited to announce to you that beginning today (Monday, August 29), bulk garbage collection services will be available at total capacity again.
If you’re not exactly sure what that means, let me just ask you this: Have you found yourself having more trash that needs to be thrown away and you’re not able to dispose of it because it doesn’t fit in your trashcan?
It’s a lot easier to be able to take the excess waste that we have (brush, old furniture, etc) and put it on the side of the road for a very long time. We were not able to do that, and if I’m being honest with everyone I literally didn’t even know that was a rule until yesterday when my father explained it to me.
That could be why my trash wasn’t getting picked up on time (just kidding). But collection schedule on the collection day $21 includes up to 3 yd.³ $7.50 per cubic yard afterward. The city of Killeen says that they appreciate everyone’s patience and compliance during the suspension of the curbside bulk. Here are some important things you need to know about the book.
GUIDELINES FOR KILLEEN BULK COLLECTIONS
Bulk Collection Services
• Bulk collection services will be provided on the regularly scheduled collection day and fees will be assessed on the monthly bill, as stated in the adopted fee schedule.
• Bulk items shall be placed curbside no later than 7 a.m., but not earlier than one day prior to the scheduled collection day.
• Bulk items shall be placed with a clearance of at least four (4) feet on the sides, two (2) feet in the rear, and fourteen (14) feet above, so as not to restrict collection by a vehicle with a mechanical boom and grapple.
• Bulk piles shall not exceed four (4) cubic yards (6 ft. wide x 3 ft. high x 6 ft. long).
• Bulk items placed at the curb and requested on a day other than the regularly-scheduled collection day, will incur a “Premium Service” fee as stated in the adopted fee schedule.
Thanks to all the City of Killeen workers who do the work the rest of probably don't want to - you know, like collecting all that trash. Keep it clean and classy, Killeen!