Killeen ISD To Host Virtual Graduation Ceremonies
The high school years of the Class of 2020 are coming to an unfortunate end due to this pandemic as they won't be able to walk across the stage to celebrate their achievements but KISD is doing what it can to make sure our seniors are honored.
According to the KISD website and a post made to Facebook, the district will host "virtual graduation ceremonies" which will broadcast on KISD-TV Spectrum Channel 17 and stream on the KISD website.
The schedule for the ceremonies are:
- Early College High School 1 p.m. Friday, May 29
- Ellison 3 p.m. Saturday, May 30
- Harker Heights 8 p.m. Saturday, May 30
- Shoemaker 2 p.m. Sunday, May 31
- Killeen 7 p.m. Sunday, May 31
The district is also informing parents of seniors that students will receive an email with instructions to upload a photo, spell their name phonetically, and submit a short message for their personalized slide. Please encourage your student to email their waist up photo to your school's corresponding email addresses:
- HHSeniors@killeenisd.org (Harker Heights)
- EllisonSeniors@killeenisd.org (Ellison)
- EarlyCollegeSeniors@killeenisd.org (Early College High)
- KilleenSeniors@killeenisd.org (Killeen High)
- ShoemakerSeniors@killeenisd.org (Shoemaker)
Photos must be submitted by Sunday May 10th to be included in the virtual ceremony. If your student needs a cap and gown photo, the district is setting up graduate photo opportunities at the Career Center for Seniors who would like a formal photo in their cap and gown next week. Photos will be free to all Seniors and used for virtual graduation and the photo will be emailed to them for you to print as desired.
KISD went on to add that diplomas and programs will be mailed to graduates in June and should COVID-19 restrictions be relaxed, the district says it has reserved the Bell County Expo Center in July.