Copperas Cove Firefighter Dies From Line Of Duty Illness
Heartbreaking news from Copperas Cove as a local firefighter has died after succumbing to what's described as a "Line Of Duty" illness.
According to CCFD Deputy Fire Chief Gary D. Young, Firefighter/Paramedic Jose Alberto Negrete passed away due to complications resulting from a diagnosed Line of Duty illness.
Firefighter Negrete began his service to the City of Copperas Cove Fire Department May 2, 2016 where he dutifully and selflessly served the community. Jose passed at 6:45 PM last night. - press release from CCFD
During his employment in the fire service Firefighter Negrete earned the following certifications according to CCFD:
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection ‐ Basic Firefighter
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection ‐ Driver Operator/Pumper
- Texas Department of State Health Services ‐Paramedic
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation ‐ Courage to be Safe
- TEEX ‐Safe Practices for Traffic Incident Responders
“We have lost one of our firefighter family members today, his service to the community will not be forgotten.” -CCFD Chief Michael Neujahr
Funeral services are pending at this time and we send our heartfelt condolences to Firefighter Negrete's family, friends and to the Copperas Cove Fire Department and community.