McDonald’s Awarding Scholarships To Hispanic Students Up To $100k
Fast-food giant McDonald's is awarding up to $100,000 in scholarships to Hispanic students in their senior year of high school.
Up to 30 students with at least one Hispanic parent can apply for the HACER National Scholarship by February 5, 2020.
Interested students must be:
- A high school senior
- A legal U.S. resident
- Younger than 21 years old
- Carry a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full-time course of study
- Disclose other scholarship programs that you’ve applied for
Winners are selected based on:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Community involvement
- Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal interview, either in-person or by phone
- Winners are selected by May-June.
My dad is Hispanic so my advice to all is take advantage of all the free cash you can get. Write a little bit, do some stuff for your community and bam! Free money... or not hard to earn money. I definitely didn't take enough advantage of that sort of thing.
No essay is needed. The only other requirements are these documents:
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
- List of community service projects
- FAFSA report and/or 1040s
Click here to apply.