Fire Causes Burger King In Killeen To Close Temporarily
We were receiving calls from listeners about a situation at Burger King on Rancier and 10th Street in Killeen around the lunch hour after city EMS crews were called there Tuesday morning.
According to KWTX News 10, a vent fire was the cause of yesterday's emergency and call and evacuation of the restaurant. No injuries were reported but it did force the restaurant to shut down for the remainder of the day. According to the report, the fire started in kitchen vents from a build-up of grease in an exhaust system.
We placed a call to Burger King this morning and an unnamed employee stated that the restaurant will remain closed for the remainder of the month of January while repairs are made to the ventilation system.