Boys & Girls Club Offering Free Day Camps In Nolanville
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas are pitching in to help mission essential personnel with childcare while we continue to deal with the COVID-19 crisis.
In a press release we received from BGCTX CEO Tiana Quick, Boys & Girls Club of Central Texas (BGCTX) has established a public private partnership with the City of Nolanville to provide childcare solutions for mission-essential employees important for supporting the infrastructure needed to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning Monday, March 23, Boys & Girls Club will operate “day-camps” for 5-12 year old youth from this priority audience at no cost, in the following sites:
- Mary Marie Multi Use Center – 400 Gold Star Avenue, Nolanville
- JW Sims Community Center – 408 10th Street Nolanville
BGCTX will provide youth of mission-essential families with a safe place, positive adult supervision, exposure to traditional Boys & Girls Clubs youth development programs, and a minimum of two meals and a snack per day. Day Camps will adhere to Bell County’s 10+ gathering restrictions and follow CDC guidelines extended to child development agencies.
Families interested in day camp services must enroll eligible youth online at www.bgctx.org/join or at Club sites, and submit proof of residency and mission essential employment status prior to day camp participation.
At this time, in order to ensure compliance with COVID-19 related safety guidelines, BGCTX can only provide day camp services to 27 youth.
Accordingly, day camp enrolment will be extended to families in the following priority audience order:
- Youth of mission-essential families who support City of Nolanville’s COVID-19 response infrastructure – essential City staff and first responders.
- Youth of mission-essential families who reside in Nolanville and support the region’s COVID-19 response – first responders, healthcare personnel, essential local government staff, and National Guard.
- Youth of Nolanville residents employed by “essential business” as defined by Executive Order GA-08.
BGCTX Day Camps will operate Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 PM until such time that pandemic related emergency child care solutions are no longer required.