Two Fruits That Help Prevent Cancer
For those of you that love your fresh fruits and vegetables, it turns out that there are a few that can actually impact cancer cells. According to Dr. Michael Greger who released a video on his website NutritionFacts.org there are a few fruits that affect the growth of cancer cells. He had human liver cancer cells in a petri dish and tested them with fruits to see what happened. Here are some of his results:
- Plain Water had NO effect
- Pineapples, pears and oranges had no effect.
- Peaches at a high concentration reduced cancer growth by about 10%
- Bananas and Grapefruit reduced cancer growth by about 40%
- Red grapes, strawberries and apples - even at half doses - cut cancer growth up to half
- Lemons and especially cranberries dramatically cut cancer growth, even in tiny doses.