Pendleton Man Badly Burned After Propane Tank Explodes
A Pendleton man was sent to Dallas for treatment to severe burns to his face after a propane tank accident early Wednesday morning.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion in the 3700 block of 3rd Street shortly after midnight. Fire officials determined that the owner of a mobile home was trying to connect a propane tank to a generator when the tank exploded.
The blowout caused the home to catch fire, and flames quickly spread to the surrounding grass. Firefighters had the flames under control shortly before 2:30 AM.
The homeowner and three other people reportedly lived in the home with no electricity. He will undergo treatment at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, which features one of the nation's largest civilian burn units. No other injuries were reported.