Central Texas Primary Election Results
A few runoff elections are coming after the results of Tuesday's primary elections in Texas.
KWTX is reporting the Texas Democratic gubernatorial nomination is headed for a runoff election along with several others. Additional noteworthy results include an upset in the McLennan County District Attorney's race.
Central Texas election results include:
- Rick Kennedy wins the Democratic House District 11 primary and will challenge U.S. Rep Bill Flores this fall.
- Chris Peri and Julie Oliver are headed for a runoff in the Democratic U.S. House District 25 race. The winner will challenge U.S. Rep Roger Williams of Austin.
- District 31 Republican U.S. Rep John Carter of Round Rock defeats challenger Mike Sweeney.
- Mary Hegar and Christine Mann advance to a runoff for the District 31 Democratic seat in the U.S. House.
- District 5 state Senator Schwertner defeats Ramm in the GOP primary.
- Meg Walsh wins the Democratic District 5 seat primary.
- Rep. Scott Cosper of Killeen will face a runoff with Brad Buckley.
- Rep. Hugh Shine of Temple defeats Hall and Grisham.
- Gatesville Republican state Rep. J.D. Sheffield defeats Chris Evans.
Find a breakdown of the rest of the Bell County election results here.