7 Month Old Dies From Eating a Laundry Detergent Pod
In Florida a seven month old died from eating a laundry detergent pod. The mother who was in a battered woman's shelter was given the laundry detergent pod to was her clothes and left it in the basket and was out of the room for only a moment, and the seven month old who more than likely thought it was candy, had swallowed one and was chewing on another when the mother came back into the room. Even though the boy was rushed to the hospital, he eventually passed away.
Although as it turns out that this could quite possibly be the first case where death occurred from ingesting one of these laundry packs, thousands of kids reportedly are made sick yearly from eating these things. Consumer advocates are asking the manufacturers to design them to be less appealing to children.
I have a daughter that is about to turn one year old and I have been carrying around the poison control hotline card for almost a year now. Kids are so quick to grab something and shove it right in their mouth before you can get to them to take it away, this is something very important to have on you at all times so you know what to do if this happens. Contact them at the number on the card and they will send you your very own card and stickers.